For those of you who have already been familiarized with the "Blue City" , the pictures may be a bit repetitive. But this place is absolutely amazing. Despite spending time here last time around, I entered the city pretty awestruck. Above the city looms the massive "Majestic Fort". This thing is huge, and is visible from everywhere in town. The town itself is also quite amazing. The older part of the city is painted almost entirely blue and is a maze of fascinating little streets. There is also a super fun local market just outside the old city where anything from fruits and veggies, spices, textiles, incense, and cheap clothes are available for sale. Jodhpur is a fun city to just stroll around in and observe what's going on. And that is exactly what I have been doing the last two days. The weather has cleared and the warmth has returned so the strolling has been great. Of course there is still the usual cow dodging and rickshaw dashing. Unfortunately though, this visit is brief. In an attempt to salvage somewhat of a Christmas I am tweaking my plans a bit and heading to Udaipur where I hope to meet up with some folks from camel college. So I hop another bus and continue South tomorrow. You can expect to hear more from Udaipur. Enjoy the snow for me!
2 comments:
I love the Street Picture!!!!!
Keep up the great photo work.
Mom
Merry Christmas!! The pictures of Jodhpur never get old. It is such a beatiful place. Hope you have a great Christmas. Miss ya! -Crystal
Post a Comment