Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Photo Series


My time in Enguwantale is quickly coming to a close.  With just over 2 months left in the village, there is a flood of emotions and a lot of reflection.  It’s hard for me to believe that Enguwantale has been my most consistent home since I was first stricken with the travel bug in 2007.  The thought of leaving, especially when there is no guarantee I will ever be able to make it back, is quite weighty.

So over the next two months, I am tasked with finding closure.  Despite the ups and downs, times of frustration, and times of joy, finding closure may be the hardest part of my service.  As a way to help me navigate this delicate course, I am putting together a photo project of sorts.  I have been reviewing my photos and have chosen 10 that represent the things that have had an impact on me.  Further, I have let the creative juices flow.  The photos have been edited and phrases added to help put the subject of the photo into context.  With about 10 weeks before I leave, you can expect to find a new photo with a brief narrative up every week.  Some you have seen before, others will be new.  The first one you will find up tomorrow.

No comments: