Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Quick Update

Training continues...I wish I had something exciting to report back on right now, but there hasn't been too much going on here.

Last week we received our permanent site assignments. I will be in the village of Enguwantale which is up north. I will be visiting the village this weekend and part of next week. It is pretty exciting to make the visit and see who and what I will be working with for the next two years. There is certainly some anxiety though as well. Will the village accept me? Will I be able to learn the language? What is there to do for fun?... There are a lot of questions right now. But in reality none of it matters. I will be there for two years and whats there is there. It is not so much the village that matters but how I go in there and shape my own experience with what is there.

With that said, my time is up for now. I will let you all know how the site visit goes next week and give you some more details on Enguwantale.

And a couple of pictures to spice things up a bit...



View towards Okahandja from my neighborhood

On the rare occasion there are clouds,
the sunrise is great

3 comments:

Yeehaas said...

Congratulations! Site announcement and visit were the most exciting moments for me! You will learn to love where you live and before you know it, you will feel like home there.

Grant Helgeson said...

"It is not so much the village that matters but how I go in there and shape my own experience with what is there."

Brilliant stuff G. I look forward to learning more about the village!

Kirigalpoththa said...

Beautiful pictures!