I have to give a huge thanks to everyone that helped make this entire journey possible, particularly Ghana. I can't express in words how overwhelming your support has been and how much it is appreciated. This has been an extraordinary learning experience for me both professionally and personally. Professionally I have gained firsthand knowledge working in a developing country and helping others. At this point I am not really sure how I will use this. Maybe I will pursue such a career, but at the very least everything I learned will be of use regardless of the path I choose. Personally, the gains go deep. It has been so refreshing and humbling to spend time with the people I got the opportunity to work with. To be able to give respect and get respect from people of a different culture was highly rewarding. Your thoughtfulness and kindness has gone a long ways. Thanks!
As I type this on the eve of my departure home, I can't help but think of this quote by the great Ed Abbey,
...a countryman has a place on earth that is his own, and as much as he may love to wander, as I myself do, he loves the wandering more because he has a place to return to, a place where he belongs.
See you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment